Air ducts in your property allow the hot and cool air from your HVAC system to circulate throughout the various spaces in your property to maintain consistent temperatures throughout each room. Air will run through these ducts numerous times throughout a given day and the air that is pushed into each room is the air your family will be breathing in. Accumulation of dust and debris in air ducts in normal throughout a property, but when there are various other factors that can increase this build-up, increasing the need for regular air duct cleanings.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning refers to the cleaning of the various components of a forced-air system, including the supply and returns air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers and cooling coils, drain pumps, fan motor and housing, and the handling unit housing.
Over time these components may become contaminated with dust, debris, and pollen and if moisture is present, mold can grow within the ducts and can be released into the air in your home. Some contaminants can cause allergic reactions or other symptoms if exposed to them, making it even more important to ensure your service provider is cleaning your air ducts correctly.
Factors that Increase the Need for Regular Maintenance
- Occupants with allergies and/or asthma
- Water contamination or damage
- Renovation or remodeling projects
- Cigarette and cigar smoke within the home
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Indoor Air Quality
Air ducts see the normal accumulation of contaminants over the years. From construction, the HVAC system is very rarely cleaned and during the occupation of the property, normal everyday contaminants may filter through a duct system several times per day, pushing them into the air we breathe and causing a buildup within the duct itself. Cleaning your air ducts can reduce the number of harmful contaminants breathed in and promote healthier living.
When contaminants build up in the air ducts, it may cause your heating and cooling system to work hardener and can even reduce the lifespan of your system. When you keep your system and air ducts clean, less energy is used which in turn saves you money. We have run baseline tests and a clean filter can save you approximately 2% on your energy bills alone.
What to Expect from your Air Duct Cleaning Provider
After making the decision to hire an HVAC professional to clean your system, you should expect them to:
- Be NADCA certified!
- Open all access ports and ducts for the entire system and ducts to be properly cleaned
- Use of high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) vacuum equipment to clean inside the property
- Protection of carpet and furniture during the cleaning process
- Brushing and agitation of interior duct surfaces to dislodge particles in addition to vacuuming
- Sealing and re-insulating any access points used to ensure they are airtight
- Use of soft-bristled brushes on ductwork that contains or is made up of fiberglass
- Follow NADCA’s standards for air duct cleaning
To make your air duct cleaning appointment with Envida call us today on 971 4 3617949 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.